10/22/09

Stress

Buying a house is MUCH more stressful than getting married for a few good reasons:

1. There was/is no doubt in my mind that I love/ed Dru before we got married, and I am pretty sure that if something goes wrong with him (new furnace, leaky plumbing(hopefully not till he is old, but well he has depends so it does not matter), new roof, etc...It won't cost us a fortune to fix him. But well if something goes wrong with the house, it is OURS, and our responsibility to fix. I obviously stress about things, if you can't tell.

2. The wedding was planned for about a year and a half, and our wonderful mothers did A LOT of the planning for us (THANK YOU)...We decided to buy our house a week ago, and need to close by the 16th of NOV...For those of you who don't want to do the math, ONE MONTH....

3. The wedding was graciously put on by and paid for by family, because they love us...The house is our money, and well if you know me, I am a little cheap and I stress about things like that.....

4. I watch way too much TV. And "Say yes to the Dress" just made me cry because weddings are so happy and emotional... ALL of the shows on TLC or HGTV about home buying make me want to crawl into bed and cry and make me want to break out in hives. They are all about doing the right thing, or not getting screwed with your first home purchase. AHHHAHAHAH


So moral of the story. I would get married over and over and over again because it was the happiest day of my life.
Buying a home freaks me out, so support is greatly appreciated.

Yay for it being Thursday. Grey's is on tonight, and I see myself actually getting motivated and going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment