10/15/09

Home Owners!!!

I don't want to get too far ahead of this new adventure, but basically we are going to be homeowners by the end of next month. We have been wanting to buy the house that we live in for a while now, and it was for sale when we moved in and well the 8000 tax credit for first time home buyers does not hurt either. So, we got our asses in motion, met with a mortgage guy yesterday, did negotiations with the land lord on prices last night and are now in the process to buy our house before a close date of Nov 16th.......


Just writing all that makes me excited, nervous and more and more like a grownup every day :) I can't wait to decorate, paint and make this house ours, but that will have to wait a little while. Wish us luck!

PS the weather man here is smoking crack-and when white stuff is falling from the sky it is most definitely SNOW not "just raining". I am pretty sure I am smart enough to know that there is snow on the ground for the 3rd time this October.
Buying a house here, is more job security-since my boss is convinced everyday it is cold that I am going to pack up and move back to California-haha we are here for GOOD now :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm following your blog now - don't know what that means, but at least you have two friends (and two comments!)

    now have a housewarming party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Erin and Dru for joining the home owners club! I know its scary but let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete