10/14/09

Bikes, Mortgages, and The Finger Trick

My husband who I love oh so much, spotted bikes on the side of the road with a "Free" sign (or so he thought, as he was with our neighbor who did not want to stop) on Monday. Yesterday we became the proud owners of 2 bikes, that are most likely about 40 years old, and really freaking cool :) The do need new tires, and well I know that this season (Fall......Winter) is not really the time that Minnesota people venture out into the frozen tundra on their bikes. But that is not the point. The point is that we HAVE bikes, they were FREE, and my husband loves me!

We *might become first time home owners. We are meeting with a mortgage broker this afternoon with our million documents that are necessary when you want to buy a house. It is a scary, overwhelming thought but comforting all at the same time. Owning a house would allow us to do WHATEVER we want with this place and that is so exciting to think about. Of course the things that I want to do are more "large" then we can afford. But a little paint can go a long way, and keep me occupied during the cold winter months!

Do you watch the "Big Bang Theory" on CBS? Well if you don't you probably should start. And if you did watch it on Monday (yes I am aware that this is Wednesday) but we DVR and did not watch it until last night, watch for the finger trick that Rajj does to Sheldon! I don't know if I have laughed harder watching my husband try to contort his fingers in ways that they didn't want to go, and him realizing that he can't do a "really cool" trick that I can do so easily. Most people are probably wondering what the hell I am talking about. and well I don't have a picture and don't know how to explain it with words or without showing you, and a YouTube video is out of the question since I am still in my bathrobe (no judging, I work from Home) because it is warm and snuggly...
I will take pics of our super cool bikes once I find the charger for my camera :(

No comments:

Post a Comment