1/19/10

Running

Some people characterize themselves as runners. People even have "runner’s bodies"....Well I am not a runner, I have never really been a runner. But that is not going to stop me from signing up (and actually running) for a 1/2 marathon. I am doing it. In May. Exactly a week before my 24th bday.




Lake Minnetonka 1/2 Marathon here I come. 13.1 miles. I can do it. I know that I can. And I am really excited.



My brother tried to tell me to start small. a 1/10 of a marathon...I don't even think that those exist. He also tried to tell me that there was still going to be snow on the ground. If there is still snow in may.....We have more problems than me running a marathon. We have SERIOUS problems, like this place is way to f'n cold for me and I might have to relocate to somewhere warm for a lot of months out of the year.



But I have faith. I have faith in myself, and faith in the Minnesota weather, that there will not be snow. But there will be flowers...."April showers bring May flowers" RIGHT????? That is how it works. Don't fail me now...



Also, a new friend here is beginning a new path in her life. At 42 she was told she has breast cancer. She will be getting a double mastectomy tomorrow morning. Her zest for life, and outlook on this horrible event has made me realize that I need to live life to the fullest. Bad things can happen to good people. And cancer is one of those bad things. But I have pledged to start living my life rather than letting it "live, me"....So please pray for my friend Kerry Ann and keep in mind, that you can do whatever you want to do, you just have to believe in yourself.



SO I WILL run a 1/2 marathon

Kerry Ann will beat Cancer

And there will be NO SNOW in May.............

No comments:

Post a Comment