3/28/10

The past few days

So I know that I have not really blogged/talked about what was going on. And it was for a few good reasons. 

1. I didn't really know what exactly was going on. I was in a lot of pain, and was not too sure why. 

2. I was scared. I didn't want to talk about it because then maybe it wouldn't be there? I don't know if this makes any sense. 

3. I don't like not feeling good. I don't like people feeling sorry for me. It is a weird complex that I have. I used to think that I was a big attention whore. But I have come to realize, that I don't like being the center of attention. I would rather participate, than be in charge. Case in point-opening presents in front of people and our wedding.... Things like that are really hard for me. I don't like people staring at me. I feel like people can read my face in an instant. What if I don't look happy? ect...


So now that those are out there. I have decided that I want to talk/blog about my experience. I will spare the details, but that is just for your sake. 

Starting a few weeks, almost a month ago. I started to have really bad back pains. Uncomfortable, lower back, sometimes sharp shooting pains. I went to the dr. a few times. They prescribed meds, and told me it was muscles.....

Then some more symptoms came about that go along with "that time of month".... And I thought that I was going to die. I was in so much pain, and now not only in my back. I called my obgyn "lady Dr."...she couldn't get me in that day, it was almost 5pm. Told me to go to the ER if I was still in a lot of pain. Well we went to the ER after I couldn't handle the pain anymore. 

Tests and more tests. And no solving of the problem. Had a mentioned that I am a problem solver? I don't like not knowing what is going on. Especially if it is my body. This is just NOT okay with me! At all. So now that we went to the ER, with an ER bill.......I was sent home and told to follow up with my Dr. the next day. 

I called my obgyn and got in THAT DAY. She was fantastic! I really like her. She did ANOTHER exam.....Let's just say I have had my fill of "exam's" for a while. And she said, there really was not a definite cause for what I was experiencing, but it "could" be endometriosis...

She sent me home with meds to help my pain, and pamphlets about Endometriosis, and laparoscopic surgery to find out. She told me to think about it. She didn't want me to make a rash decision, but she was suspicious that it could be the cause, and the only way to know for sure was to do an inpatient surgery. 

Dru and I talked about it, our options and researched Endo...Googling things make you think that you are not alone, but also make you think that you have every disease out there. But I was able to find a lot of blogs from women that went through endo, and the stories, and what they were dealing with. Some of these women have struggled A LOT. They had/have very severe forms of endo, they had done a lot more tests than me, and some struggle with infertility and other things that scare the crap out of me. 

We decided that we wanted to know. We talked about kids, no kids and all those things. We are young, strong, and eventually want children. We wanted to know what was out there, and possibilities. I scheduled my lap. And had it this past Friday. 

Surgery is scary. Something that you don't know what to expect. Well it went great. I went in Friday morning at 6am. My dr. was GREAT. All my questions were answered. 

I woke up from surgery. And somewhat remember my Dr. talking to me. Thank god she talked to Dru and told him all the details, because I don't know exactly what she said. I had a little endo; she used a laser and removed what she saw. She said I would be fine. I have a preop appt in a few weeks, and will know more details then. I have two tiny stitches. One in my belly button, and one lower down. The first day I was in a lot of pain, and Dru took care of me. The second, not as much pain but still uncomfortable, and now today I feel better, but don't want to overdo it. I have a complex where I overdo things...

I feel confident. Happy to know what was going on, and relieved. 

So there is my story. I know that I left out a few things, I just wanted to put it out there and let ya know what was going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment