12/6/09

Christmas in the Midwest

So I have been thinking a lot about Christmas lately. We got our tree on Friday and I will post pictures when I get more decorations on it (thanks to mom, they will be here Wednesday, and my childhood was not lost). They will most likely be on the tree for one full day before the terrorist arrives back home from her vet visit.

Molly is getting declawed on Tuesday, and they keep her for 2 days. It is going to be a quiet 2 days at our house. No yelling at molly to get out of the tree, or stop drinking out of my cup, or stop eating my food. Yes, we were very relaxed parents when we first got her, and I am worried there is no turning back. But our couches and blankets and bodies, will be thankful when she does not have razor sharp front claws in a few days. That does not mean she won't try other devices, like her teeth, but it is limiting. Maybe they will do lipo when she is there too, because she has been getting bigger, and stretching out more, so therefore taking up WAY too much space in our bed when she sleeps.

I can't decide what other decorations to do for Christmas. I have had a cold, so that has put a little bit of a damper on my decorating ideas, but still...I want us to be more in the spirit.

We had our first "can't call the landlord moment" yesterday. Our pump that brings water up from the basement and sends it outside, had been running non-stop, and the noise was bothering both of us and we didn't know what it was. So thankfully my nagging for Dru to get the laundry from the basement, made him realize where the noise was coming from. After some investigation (on his part) he realized that the lines were all FROZEN, and the water was not going anywhere...Therefore the pump was just running and running. Thankfully it was only 20 degrees out when we discovered this (somewhat warmer than it has been), and Dru was able to borrow a pipe from a neighbor and we got it all fixed. But it is weird to not just call the landlord and get it fixed...O to own your own house :)

I am not going anywhere today, for the first time in a while, I don't want to leave the house at all. It is Sunday and I am lazy. But since the new target ad came out and there are some cute things, maybe I will go there, but it is in our small town, so not too far to venture.
I hope that everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment