12/30/09

Blogging.......or Bitching?

Today at work, we had a discussion about social media. Blogging, Facebook, Twitter...all of the above. Now blogging, which I do, came up as something that should be censored if it is in relation to work, or our clients. I would never want to do something to put my job in jeopardy and I love my job but here is a question. Do you think my boss would approve of my blogging?

I blog to vent, keep people informed if they care, and well just to get things out. Also it is like a personal diary, or journal to be able to look back on and have a document that tells me what I did a month, or week ago. Yeah, sometime my memory sucks, and I need a reminder to tell me what day it is...Things have been busy lately.

I love blogging, I wish my friends blogged. I think that it is a great way to keep up to date on what is happening with people. Because lets admit it. Talking on the phone is a lot harder now that we all have jobs, and things to do. Catching up after a whole month is hard sometimes, and playing phone tag is not something unfamilar to my friends and I.

I don't want to quit blogging, and I love it. But I don't want my boss to one day stumble upon "23 and married" And then firing me because I bitch too much. Or well lets admit it. I blog during work. We all do some sort of social marketing during work, blogging, facebooking, shopping ect....

So I guess this is a disclaimer post....Read at your own risk, this is my blog, my opinions, and well if you don't want to know, then please don't read......Okay I am kidding, but should I make my blog private? I am now wondering and have been thinking about it a lot lately.

Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment