7/20/10

Hoarding Animals? Or focusing on Happiness?

There was a segment on the Today show this morning about Animal hoarders. People who take in cats, dogs and probably other pets to no limit. They "save" these animals to only need to be saved themselves. I could not imagine my house and every space in it being consumed by animals. The kitty hair that we have from just 2 cute little babies is enough for me. Cleaning out the litter box last night made me want to vomit and teach my kitties how to use the people bathroom. It could not be that hard, right?

Why do people feel the need to hoard things? Is our society coming to the way of life where everything is an addiction? Everything, and I do mean everything is now taken to an extreme. People drink and do drugs to a unhealthy level (Lindsey L. is going to jail today, Mel has youtube videos and ranting phone calls threatening his baby mama) and these things are glorified and played over and over to an unhealthy level. The news channels should report the people who are doing good. The people that can handle their lives and are in control.

Matt Lauer (who is balding and not as sexy as he once was, I must say) needs to go out and find the "good" in people. Needs to report on something that is happening that is not sad, not destructive, but happy. I know that I am trying to say that things should be looked at with Rose colored glasses, but I am sick of always hearing the bad.

So today, Tuesday. I am going to focus on the good. I am going to think of the great meal that I am helping prepare for others in my town tomorrow and serving along with other great women. I am going to think of my dear friend Lorayne's birthday today, and my brother and Kyla visiting soon. I am going to be grateful for what I have. And not want more. Grateful for my wonderful husband and the opportunities that we have been given in this new place. Celebrating our year wedding anniversary in Sept. Grateful for the wonderful family support that we both have. Even though "absence makes the heart grow fonder" was the reason I gave my mom that we are not coming home to visit soon. Home is where the heart is. And that is here in our small town Minnesota home. We have a house to clean, a lawn to mow, a garden growing wonderful veggies and friends to celebrate. So I challenge you to do the same. Be thankful for what you have, don't focus on the negative and enjoy this wonderful summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment