2/3/10

Today I was told I was pretty....

I finally went into the "big" city and got a new social security card so we could file taxes. I am NOT a city girl. I especially hate driving in cities. I am not comfortable driving, especially when I don't know where I am going and have to rely on the handy dandy garmin lady to tell me where to "turn".

There is still a lot of snow on the ground around the city, and well EVERYWHERE for that matter. You would think that they would remove it or something. I mean, people think that just because there is snow piled up that they can park IN THE STREET. Making two lanes only 1.5 lanes. I don't like this. I don't like snow, I don't like driving, and I really don't feel comfortable when I feel like a bus is going to hit me.

The social security card center is not a fun place to be. It actually looks somewhat like I would think a prison waiting room would resemble. There was a very LARGE man sitting next to me. He was talking to himself, and well everyone that would listen. And then he leaned over to me way too close for comfort, and said "hey gorgeous, you woulden't happen to have .75 cents would you".....

Now as flattered as I was. You can't just ask people for money. What the hell was he going to do with .75 cents? The signs clearly stated:

1. NO CELL PHONES-I broke this rule and got yelled at, so I would assume that there was no pay phone for him to use, since they frown upon talking on the phone.

2. NO EATING-so he was not getting a snack out of a vending machine

3. NO DRINKING-I didn't even see a water fountain, and I am pretty sure those are FREE

So to end my morning at the social security place. I sat next to weird, stinky, talking to themselves people... But I got my name updated and was on my merry way in about 20mins. So that was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment