2/12/11

If today was your last day?

I am listening to music while cleaning the house and getting ready to go ice fishing....And the Nickelback song came on "If Today Was Your Last Day"...

It made me think. If today really was your last day, what would you do? Would you live your life to the fullest. Would you have lived your life the way that you had wanted to for the past however many years? Would you be satisfied with yesterday and tomorrow?

My answer is no. I am not ready for today to be my last day. I am not done. There are so many things that I want to do and things that are waiting for me. Life is fully unexpected. Life is not a guarantee. Bad things happen to good people, and sometimes today really could be your last day.

I am going to live life to the fullest. I am going to make the best of my memories, but also strive to make new ones with those that I love. Today is not my last day, but I am sure as hell going to start living life like it is.

I am going to kiss my husband even though his beard makes me slightly sick, I am going to ignore the pain that is in my body daily and live like I am a healthy 24 year old, I am going to work hard but play even harder.

So this is my challenge for you. Live today like it might be your last. Remind those who you love that you love them and appreciate them. Hug your friends and family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXIQQ8PeRs

No comments:

Post a Comment