9/2/10

UnPlanning Break From Blogging

I took an unplanned break in my blogging. My head has not been in the right place. I have been so tired lately and worn out from the Endo pain returning and I didn't want to turn this place into a bitch fest like I usually do when I don't feel good.

But there is good news. I went back to my new Dr. today. For the second time in 2 weeks. It is a local Dr. that I found. And if you remember I have not had great luck with Dr's so I was slightly apprehensive of what I would find. And I really like him. He is really great, spent the time to go over everything that has happened to me since this Endo hell started. He talked through things, tried to help me understand and is helping me work on a plan. A plan to not feel like shit everyday. Because that is the place that I am at again. I don't feel good. I hurt, always. And hurting all day is just plain wearing me out.

I am pretty willing to try anything that will help me feel better. Even a $50 dollar prescription for an ibuprofen like med, that DIDN'T work at all. Yes I paid a lot of money for a stupid drug, but that is what you have to do. Be willing to try. Be willing to work with the Dr. who actually really cares. He wants me to feel better. He doesn't just want to open me up again (it would be the fourth time this year) to "see" what is happening and try to fix the pain with surgery. Because it does not work. The pain has never left after surgery for me. It was never a fix. And to tell you the truth, I am slightly apprehensive of the skills that the Dr's had that operated on me. I know that they probably did their best. But I am learning that this disease does not have easy answers for me. I am one of the people who does not respond well to some of the "fixes" for endo that work for others.

So I am happy that someone is on my side. Took the time to talk to me about everything, and even relate by telling personal stories of things that he has seen since he has had other endo patients.


So that is where I have been. And I also did some other things since I last blogged.

Dru and I went to the MN state fair on Tuesday. I took some of the afternoon off so we could check out the "Great Minnesota Get Together". It was fun, we ate some of the fair food that people talk about. We walked around and checked it out. I won't say that we will go every year. I don't think that it is something I need to see each and every year. But I am happy for the experience.

And this weekend, I am going up North to a friends Cabin. We have met some pretty great people since we moved here. And one great friend invited us to their family cabin for the holiday weekend. Since Dru has to work all weekend, I am going with my friend and her husband. I am excited to relax in the sun, to go somewhere new and check out what northern MN has to offer. I will be bring a LOT of bug spray as the misquitos seem to be out in full force and trying to eat me alive when I walk outside to do anything.

I plan on taking a lot of pictures, relaxing and probably drinking way too much wine. Since that is what Lorayne and I seem to do when we get together. We like wine, a lot, probably too much. It is Labor day weekend and fall is in the air today-so i better enjoy the sun while it is still here and before the snow comes back.

Have a great Holiday weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just need a break... this stuff is painful, in more ways than one. You just keep taking care of you lady!

    ReplyDelete