11/13/09

Dealing with It!

Weird that Friday the 13th is considered to be "unlucky" for some. To me it is just another day, and well a Friday, and for that I am thankful!

I have been thinking a lot lately about our decision to move from Ca to the Frozen Tundra of Minnesota with no friends, relatives or people we know. And I have to say that I think we made the BEST decision possible. As I do miss friends and family back home, it was good for us. We have started a new life, our married life, in a new place.

The people here are beyond nice, we are fortunate enough to be able to buy a home (how many 23-24yr olds) in Ca can afford to buy a 3 bedroom house? Probably not too many because of the astronomical prices in Ca. We have both started to make friends. Life is good....

The decision to move away from everything is not always easy, but it is the journey and experiences that matter. Kristen, I know that you are probably scared/excited and nervous to embark on your new journey to your own Frozen Tundra and I just want to say that I am so proud of you! Most people talk about doing things, and never do them because they make up excuses, but with you, you are different and you are taking the risk and I applaud you for that!

I have moved different places in my life, and would call myself somewhat an expert on relocation and dealing with it. Sweden when I was 16 was definitely a challenge and adventure that I will never forget. As I write this I realize that I am the person that I am today because of what happened before. As strange as that sounds, I would not be the opinionated, stubborn, independent woman that I am today if I didn't have all the experiences in my life. What does not kill you only makes you stronger, and I hope that everyone lives their life like that.

I don't want to have regrets about not doing things, so just do it! That is going to be my new mantra in life. So I WILL drive to WI even though I am scared. I WILL bake a pie this weekend and it WILL be good :) I have to make 2 for next week for a function and I figure I should probably test out my skills...

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your posts because it brings me way back to when I was your age, just starting out. For those things that make you nervous, fake it until you make it. That's really how it's done. Sure as shooting,you'll make it and the nerves/fears dissipate.

    Never fear, there are always new one to take their place. It's what builds our character.

    Just call me Grandma.....;)

    ReplyDelete