6/15/10

Does it make me less of a woman?

Am I the ONLY woman in the world who does not, and NEVER have watched the Bachelorette and or the Bachelor?




I swear that everyone has blogged about or is talking about that stupid show. And I just don't get it. I have never been a fan of "finding true love" on TV shows. Come on people, really? You think that you are going to meet your one and only, while competing with other tools on national television?



What makes people want to be on shows like that? What is offered to these contestants in order to make them make total asses out of themselves on TV? Why is whoring around and "kissing" many many men in one show an okay thing? Because you are looking for love?



So that is my rant for the day. I don’t understand.



You see, I have found my one and only. We met back in highschool-he claims that I tried to kiss him on the first “date”, I disagree.



We are now happily married, living in a little Midwestern town, with our two babies-Captain Stan, and Molly Louise. We are not old fashioned; we do things our own way, and march to the beat of our own drum. We still think that going out to eat and “drinks” on Sunday nights are acceptable behavior, even when we have to work the next morning. We make friends with bar tenders named Russ, when we are the ONLY people in the bar on a Sunday night. That is normal for us. We watch stupid tv shows together-try not to spend too much money and love summer time more than winter.



So what makes my dearest hubby ask me this question last night “Usually when there are banana’s sitting out, you make me banana bread?”



USUALLY? Do I look like the type of wife that just automatically looks at the old bananas and thinks that Dru might want Banana bread? I don’t think so! I actually considered throwing them away a few days ago. Because I HATE eating banana’s. They are gross and the texture just is not for me.



So, just in case you were wondering. I don’t bake-nor am I a housewife who thinks about baking. I think that I am going to Google a banana bread recipe and put it on his pillow with the banana’s when he comes home from work to take his nap 

5 comments:

  1. haha! I know what you mean about the Bachelor/Bachelorette. I watch them but only to laugh at them, I swear. Some of them are so delusional (okay, all of them are delusional lol)!

    Go for it with the recipe and bananas - hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, now that I know you don't go in for that kind of Bachelor TV nonsense, I'm even more inclined to like you and your blog!

    It doesn't make you less of a woman...it makes you more of a sensible human being that has more delightful things to do with her life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help it! I can't help watching! Every season I say I am done, and then every season I am back there watching.

    (hanging my head in shame)

    Old bananas ick me out. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just because you are weird and strange and you dont watch The Bachelorette its ok. We forgive you. Kidding, I think its cool that you and the husband do things differently, no one has to be the same. And it actually make you more of a woman that you try to do things that are different for others but normal for you all. And to top it off, you are AN AWESOME WOMAN since you dont like bananas, cause I cant stand them either

    ReplyDelete