5/6/11

A battle I won't be winning anytime soon

Yet again I have waged war with my insurance company…and this time I am NOT going to win and I know it. Actually I have already lost the battle and all it took was a 5 minute phone call.

I know that I still haven’t talked about my miraculous experience with acupuncture – and I will do that in time. I keep writing the post, getting to a point and stopping. I can’t put in words how amazing I think that my acupuncturist is and maybe that is why I keep stopping.

Anyways, not the point of my little rant for Friday. I am pissed at my insurance. I can only go to the acupuncturist or chiropractor 20 times a year – and by “I” I mean Dru and I combined. Good thing I keep telling him that he doesn’t need a chiropractor because I am selfish. I have gone to the acupuncturist a total of 15 times since February and today will make 16. I have 4 visits left and then my insurance won’t cover a gosh darn thing. Nada, zilch…

I betcha if I went to visit my Dr. or OBGYN weekly every week of the year they would still cover that at my $15 co-pay. Probably? Well too bad my Dr.  would probably look at me like I was nuts…Yes I am pretty sure he would get sick of me very quickly and not even be able to help.


My pain has decreased significantly since I started seeing my acupuncturist, I feel almost like a normal person. And did I mention that I have allergies now that Spring has FINALLY arrived in Minnesota. Did you know that acupuncture can help with allergies as well?

Seriously people, I think that the insurance companies have it ass backwards. They need to cover things like natural medicine and quit pimping out the drugs and surgeries like they are candy.

That’s it for me and my little soapbox. I am going to finish up work for the day and go on my merry way while I am still less than a quarter of a century old. Yes it is my birthday on Monday and I haven’t quite decided how I feel about 25…

1 comment:

  1. Cant you get Dru to stick you with needles while he has the insense going and soft music playing?

    ReplyDelete