4/6/11

Catching Spiders (no pictures)

My mom made a really good point this morning that I wanted to share with all of you.

"Mom's will do anything for their children" yes I already knew this because I have the best mom EVER, but I experienced it for the first time this morning.

No I didn't magically pop a baby out and fail to mention it to all of you lovely readers of this here blog, and suddenly become a mommy. I have been a mommy for almost 2 years.

Molly has been with us for almost 2 years (her birthday according to the vet is Friday, even though Dru and I don't remember giving her that date of birth) and I had my first real mommy A Ha moment this morning.

I had to catch a spider for my dear baby kitty this morning for her breakfast. Yes, a spider. I know icky, gross, whatever...but she really wanted to eat him and I didn't want her to commit kitty suicide by jumping off the fridge where she had perched herself at 6:30 this morning in search of her treat.

The spider had crawled across the ceiling out of kitty paws reach, and it was a good 3 ft jump for my dear baby to reach her treat. I was scared she was actually going to jump so I did what any good mother would do for her child. I got out the broom and swept that spider down onto the floor for my kitty.

Molly enjoyed her morning treat as quickly as she could, so she didn't have to share it with her brother. And I earned a mom of the year award.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that cats enjoyed eating spiders lol. You definitely get "mom o' the year" award :)

    ReplyDelete