11/15/10

My office is a crime scene

Do you sometimes multitask while working?

If you work from home sometimes that multitasking includes painting your finger/toe nails. I'm not going to lie, I have done this. While reading documents online or listening on a conference call I have once or twice attempted to beautify myself.

There is nothing wrong with this type of multitasking if you ask me. Hey, if you can achieve beautiful toenails and get work done-more power to you!

Well that is what leads to the crime scene that happened today. I cleaned my office and desk last week. Picked things up, Windex applied to my glass top desk. Arranged my nail polish on the desk...you know the normal things people do when cleaning.

Molly has become more and more of her old kitty self. Which means that she visits me quite often during the day. Requires petting. Sometimes types random msn messenger conversations to my boss with the message of 999999gsdhgiosghsts nothing out of the ordinary.

Normally I just throw her off the desk or my lap if she is annoying me and interfering with my work. I usually have to throw her more than once before she gets the idea that she is not wanted. Especially if I am enjoying a snack while I work.

Today something bad happened.

Molly was being really annoying and I really needed to get work done. I have work meetings the rest of this week and will be out of the office. Working was necessary to my day. Cuddling would have to wait for little miss Molly.

Well Molly sent me a very clear very pink idea of what she really thought of me not paying attention. She threw the bottle of very pink nail polish to the floor. It promptly splattered ALL OVER the floor. Pink nail polish EVERYWHERE.

And for those of you who's significant others hate the smell of nail polish or nail polish remover. Believe me when I tell you that my whole house smells of nail polish and remover. A pungent odor that will not go away now is wafting all the way upstairs.

My office floor looks like I killed someone and am trying to cover up the evidence so thankfully the smell is reminding that it was not a crime scene. I will no longer be keeping nail polish next to my desk.

And Molly and I are not on speaking terms at this moment.

1 comment:

  1. Uhhh. Its called WORK. You shouldnt be doing your nails anyways.

    ReplyDelete