4/18/12

Working Out While Pregnant?

As I mentioned yesterday, we had a Dr. appt. While my Dr. didn't actually come out and SAY it, she did recommend that I start watching my weight. Not dieting (I'm pregnant, NO diet) but adding some more exercise to my daily life. Which I completely agree with her on. My only problem? I don't have a gym membership and unless I get an industrial sports bra, I can't see myself running anytime in the near future.

BUT...Baby girl and I are going to start to get on a daily workout routine, and we're thinking about rejoining the gym. I want to be more fit, I want to workout I just need some tips of things that I am supposed to do, and what I'm not supposed to do. Usually I would just go balls to the wall and workout as hard as I possibly can, but I'm pretty sure that is a no-no while pregnant. There is some rule about getting your heart rate too high and yada yada. I need to find a pregnant mommy workout support group or something. I'm sure that it exists, the only problem? These ladies meet during the day, like the middle of the day. Not going to work for me.

Also, I love that Dru agrees with the Dr. that working out is a good plan but he seems to be conveniently napping when I want to go for family walks. And then he complains that I walk too slow. NOT helping, and I'm not the only one in this family that needs to workout. At least I'm not paying for a gym membership that I haven't used in over 2 months...Pot calling Kettle Black if you ask me.


No comments:

Post a Comment