4/22/12

Happy Birthday Dru

Today's the day that my dear husband turns 27 years old. Thankfully he has the day off and gets to sleep in and our (Molly and Stan are an integral part in this plan) only requirement is to let him sleep in.

I've been thinking back and we've now officially spent 10 birthdays together. It makes me so happy to be able to age together and see the changes that we are both going through. After an exciting adventure to the local Babies r' us last night we went out to dinner and were out past 9pm. I stayed awake until around 11. I can't remember the last time this happened, which must mean that either I'm getting old (true story I'll be 26 in a few weeks) or we are happily complacent in our lives. I'd like to think the latter.

Top 27 Reasons I love Dru:
1. He makes me laugh
2. He is a very caring person
3. He can fix almost anything (and if he can't he will still try).
4. He will be an amazing daddy to our baby girl
5. The cats love their daddy more than life itself
6. He is an amazing cook
7. He makes me feel protected
8. He loves our family unconditionally
9. He has faith that things will always work out the way that they are meant to be (balances out my "I need/want this to happen NOW mentality).
10. He never complains and is such a hard worker
11. He honestly believes that baby girl will nap with him everyday when he gets home from work. HONESTLY in all his heart thinks that this will happen and it makes me smile.
12. He picked ME to be his wife over 10 years ago
13. His adventurous spirit is contagious
14. When we bring each other presents they are usually food and not flowers (those don't survive in this house).
15. His unique style makes me smile and cringe all at the same time. Tank Tops - need I say more?
16. He will go out of his way to make someone feel special, and never uncomfortable
17. He is the life of the party
18. He can dance (I cannot). I hope baby girl gets her daddy's dance moves
19. He can sleep/nap more than anyone I know
20. Family is important to him
21. He's the world's best Easter Bunny (even though I am 25 years old)
22. He watches the stupidest tv shows that I secretly like even though I won't admit it (I'm not telling which ones)
23. He mops and cleans the floors better than I ever will
24. He can spend hours on a boat fishing and be the happiest man in the world (which means that I can read my book in the sun)
25. He talks to baby girl in my belly and gets so excited when he can feel her kick through my belly. He lights up and it means the world to us.
26. His grey hairs that he's developing as he ages are SEXY and I can't wait until he has more :)
27. He is my husband, and I know that when he vowed to love me forever he truly meant it. I can't wait to see what the next 70 years have to offer and to grow old with him.

I love you Dru!

No comments:

Post a Comment