1/12/11

It is a new year....

I haven't blogged in what seems like forever. And it has been weighing kind of heavy on my heart. I love this space, I love getting things out of my head and on "paper". It helps, it is healing. So here I go.

Dru and I had a conversation last night about this space. And how I share many aspects of my life. I am 100% comfortable with it, I am an open book in most aspects of my life. When it comes to this space, I want it to be my space, and a place that I feel comfortable with just talking. So that is what I am going to do. Just talk. Sometimes things are crappy, sometimes things are just not working the way that I want them to, and I get that. I love that about life, but I also hate that about life.

Things have been fairly good lately. I am starting to feel more normal, and more like my body does not hate me. I go days where the pain isn't so bad. Where I can handle the pain, with one extra strength ibuprofen. And that is awesome. I love that. I love not having to take meds to get through the day. But I want to be normal. I want for my body to work in the correct way that god designed it to. Don't we all? So I still struggle with what is happening. And I don't like to talk about it that much. Maybe in the future I will go more into depth about this, but for now I am just living. Living life to the fullest when I can.

I am going to get to see many friends and family sometime soon. And I am super excited about it. I haven't been "home" to California since the wedding in Sept of 09, so it will be nice to be home. To meet Lucy the puppy, and to have the comfort of my parents house. To lay on the couch snuggled in one of my mom's homemade quilts, watching Thursday night TV with her while snuggling with Merv and "stealing" the chair from my dad. My dad and I have a love hate relationship regarding his recliner. I tend to think that it is my recliner when I am home and plant my butt in it whenever possible :) I will also be working when I am at home. That is one luxury of working from home, is that work can travel. But this is a luxury that not many are afforded, so I have to make sure to not screw that up. I will be working 8+ hour days when I am at home and I have to be productive. This doesn't mean that I probably won't stop work to raid the fridge every so often, or even take a quick hot tub break at lunch (I REALLY wish that I had a hot tub here in Minnesota, I could use it)...

I am getting a new office set this weekend. And I couldn't be more happy about it. It is beautiful and new to me, (it was my bosses and he is getting built in desks put in). I will be moving back upstairs and hope that the warmth of my new space will allow me to not have to wear layers upon layers when working. Or even sitting on a heating pad (yes I am doing this right now) because my office is frigid. Did you forget that it was cold here? Probably not, but this is the 3rd snowiest winter of all time in Minnesota. I don't know how I feel about that, knowing that Winter is not even close to over.

Sorry for the novel. Sarah G you are probably cringing over my grammar, and spelling mistakes. But this is me. I have missed you all, and maybe you missed me too?

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Cringing is just the tip of the iceberg, but it is absolutely your space and you're free to type as you please. Besides, I'd rather have a "hard to read but totally honest Erin" blog than a "grammatically correct and filtered Erin" blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Dru and U talked. Good, was he like me and pretend to listen or does he actually listen to you. And Dru and you talking about this space. Is it a big space a little space? Im lost about the whole space thing. Space the Final Frontier.

    It is a New year and blog about whatever you want too. Hell its your blog. Spell everything wrong if you want to do that 2. We dont care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you're back to blogging. I miss my sneak peak into your life between phone calls. And I steal my dad's recliner too ;) I hope you have a GREAT time at home! Send all your family my love and deepest congratulations to Kyla and Eric!

    ReplyDelete