3/25/12

Alone Time

Lately I have been spending more time alone than I normally do. This is mainly by choice and circumstance. Dru has been playing in a pool league for the past few months and this was the last weekend tournament. Usually they don't win, this time they did. Dru has been gone every night since Thursday night. I go to bed alone and I wake up alone because he gets up way too early for me and leaves for work. We don't have a lot of time to chat during the day when we are both working and I can honestly say that I miss my husband.

I don't miss him because I want him to do things for me or around the house. I miss HIM, his presence here in our little family. Stan probably misses him more than I do because he hasn't received proper Dad and Stan time in far too long. He's becoming testy about it, it's pretty funny.

The flip side of the coin is that I actually do enjoy being alone. It's not so often that women get to be alone by choice, especially when they have children. I am relishing in this me time that I get to spend. I don't have anyone relying on me for food, nurturing or love (at least outside of the womb) at the moment and that will change very soon. Reading books or going for a walk or watching the notebook on TV on a Sunday afternoon are all completely up to me at this moment and it is nice. Yes, I probably should have done more laundry, or pulled the weeds that are growing in my tulip bed. But that's neither here nor there.



But just when I think I can enjoy breakfast alone, I realize that Molly's Arms are much longer than I thought! 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are missing your man, Just think about all the times you will all be together soon. Hope your feeling well

    ReplyDelete