3/20/12

Pedro has a huge...?


Things are going great here. It is very warm for it being March in Minnesota and I couldn’t be happier. There is nothing that I love more than sunshine, green grass and flowers.

We had another Dr. Appt this morning. It is crazy how fast time flies when you are pregnant (remind me of this in a few months when I am hot and miserable). Things are going great with Pedro, and we still don’t know what he/she is. I’ve completely convinced that I have a baby boy growing inside of me but I won’t know for sure until April 17th. The anticipation is killing me but I will have to learn some patience. My Dr. is great, I didn’t get to see her last time I was there because she was delivering a baby at the time but today she was super cheerful and happy. She is so cute when she heard his heartbeat; she laughed a little and said, “Hi baby”. I loved it!

I have this weird bump thingy next to my belly button. It bothers me but I don’t know if others can see it. I asked Dr. L about it today and told her that it squishes a little when you press on it but it doesn’t hurt. She thinks that it is probably a small hernia and as long as it doesn’t hurt it is fine. It’s purely cosmetic and we can fix it after Pedro is born. Of course I hope that it doesn’t get bigger or more pronounced or I might have to resort to placing duct tape over it so you can’t tell. So if you see me in public sporting a belly with a weird little bump on it, don’t mention it, I’m pretty self conscious about it. Dru said that it is probably just Pedro growing a HUGE penis. I love that Dru makes the best of things and makes me laugh. He’s been great and I can’t wait to see him holding our baby. He practices taking naps with Stanly and I know that he will be an amazing father. I’m most worried about Stan and Molly playing nice with the new baby. We will have to teach them that they can look but not touch. And when Pedro is older, it is probably better to look at the kitties and not touch since they will outweigh him until he is at least a year old. 

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Hearing the heartbeat makes it all so real! So excited for you and hope to see you around town this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about everything that is going on with you guys. For some reason I feel like I am the reason you guys are pregnant. Ok, not really. How is everything going. Is Dru doing good, getting excited?

    ReplyDelete