10/5/11

Driving a Boat in Circles = Marital Stress


I’m still recovering from my Monday morning epic fail of locking myself out of the house, but the weather around here has definitely been helping. It’s been in the low 80’s the past 2 days, and it’s expected to be that nice again today. Did I mention that I live in Minnesota? And it’s October 5th


I Love, Love warm weather like this. No humidity, beautiful crisp fall colors and no bugs. What more could you ask for?

With the weather being so nice yesterday and Dru having the day off work we decided to take the boat out on the lake for some spousal bonding (fishing). I now know why men usually go fishing without women – they have a penis and can easily pee while boating, I don’t have a penis and have the bladder of a pregnant lady (no I’m not pregnant, see wine mention later).  

Sounds simple right – almost like I just solved world peace or something? But I swear that I pee at least every half hour, and we were out enjoying the beautiful day for over 2 hours. I DID have my bathing suit on, but that water isn’t exactly as warm as you would expect. In fact, I’m pretty sure that my bladder would have seized up if I got in and then I would have been wet and cold (and still would have had to pee).


Want to know what else I learned? That driving a boat with a motor on the back isn’t as intuitive as you would think (at least to me). Dru let me drive the boat yesterday and I think that we both feared for our lives the whole time. WTF I didn’t know that you have to drive with your left hand or that going in circles isn’t normal, or that sudden jerks can cause the boat to capsize (this didn’t happen, but was going to if I didn’t stop driving). A tip for the ladies, just don’t drive. It will cause less marital stress and then you can sit up front and drink wine with one hand while trying to support your boobs with the other. Yes, I did say support your boobs. I didn’t realize that it would be like the ocean out there and that I would need a sports bra for an evening ride across the lake.   



We didn’t catch any fish, but it was a nice night spent with the hubby. 

1 comment:

  1. I want a boat. im jealous. And I swear I need to talk to Dru and ask him some things.

    Like how come its erinanddru.blogspot and Dru never ever writes on the blog???

    ReplyDelete